The holidays are celebrated in countless ways all across the planet, which means that there are a number of different films that highlight the various festivities that traditionally accompany the season. For many families, there’s no better way to ring in the seasonal celebrations than by checking out a film that takes place in their own state, with Fandango and Vudu stepping in to offer audiences some assistance by highlighting the most popular holiday movies by state. While this map highlights more obvious picks like Home Alone for Illinois or Die Hard for California, there are 48 other films that you can check out to help everyone across the country get into the holiday spirit. You can head here to check out the complete Vudu playlist.
Per press release, “Hoping to celebrate the holiday spirit with a festive movie at home and enjoy some local pride at the same time? Vudu, the on-demand streaming service from Fandango, can help with a new holiday movie map revealing the local favorites for top holiday films set in each of the 50 United States. The map can be found at Fandango.com and Vudu’s coast-to-coast playlist can be found here.
“Fandango’s Vudu surveyed thousands of film fans across the United States in November to discover their local favorite holiday flicks set in their states. Genres stretched from romantic comedies to kids’ flicks to action-adventure to Hallmark and Lifetime titles, and the winning titles can be watched on Vudu here.”
“There’s something about seeing your own home state portrayed on film that makes you warm and cozy and helps usher in the holiday spirit,” Fandango Managing Editor Erik Davis shared in a statement. “As fans search for the perfect holiday movies to watch this season on Vudu, this map offers a fun way to not only discover hidden gems, but to also explore the country through a host of holiday-themed movies.”
A sampling of holiday movies picked by fans as the top choices depicting their home states include:
- Alabama: Almost Christmas (Gabrielle Union)
- Arizona: Bad Santa (Billy Bob Thornton)
- California: Die Hard (Bruce Willis)
- Florida: Ernest Saves Christmas (Jim Varney)
- Georgia: A Madea Christmas (Tyler Perry)
- Illinois: Home Alone (Macaulay Culkin)
- Indiana: A Christmas Story (Melinda Dillon)
- Louisiana: Last Holiday (Queen Latifah)
- Maryland: Home for the Holidays (Holly Hunter)
- Missouri: Meet Me in St. Louis (Judy Garland)
- Massachusetts: Little Women (Saoirse Ronan)
- Nebraska: I’ll Be Home for Christmas (Jonathan Taylor Thomas)
- Minnesota: Jingle All the Way (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
- Pennsylvania: Trading Places (Eddie Murphy)
- New Hampshire: Eight Crazy Nights (animated, Adam Sandler)
- New York: Elf (Will Ferrell)
- Vermont: White Christmas (Bing Crosby)
You can head here to check out the complete Vudu playlist.
Which films will you be checking out this holiday season? Let us know in the comments below!
from Ultimate Comic Blog